With the increased overview from monitoring authorities such as Ofsted and CQC it is more important than ever to have a thorough working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and have appropriate measures and processes in place to ensure a consistent quality of care for service users.
With this in mind, we offer bespoke consultancy support packages covering the Mental Capacity Act and related areas. These services can be tailored to your organisation’s needs, agreeing a set number of hours over a 3-12 month period that could include, but is not limited to:
- Development of resources to support specific areas of capacity for service users
- Independent review and feedback of documented Mental Capacity Assessments
- Team reflections and development support around the use of the Mental Capacity Act
- Completion of Mental Capacity Assessments alongside team members, supporting the process in action
- Independent review of documented Best Interest Decisions
- Team reflections and development support around Best Interest Decisions
- Completion of Best Interest Decisions, including meetings, alongside team members, supporting the process in action
- Independent review and feedback surrounding Support Plans, with specific consideration of necessary and proportionate support in a person-centred approach
- Independent support and application for Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, and Liberty Protection Safeguards (once formalised), alongside team members to support team skills of the process
- Specific independent Occupational Therapy Support for service users
We also offer professional supervision for health care professionals and associated roles. This can include student placements, study supervision and general professional development.
Prices start at £35 per hour, plus travel and cost of any additional resources required for the purpose of the agreed consultation. For more information, please contact us to discuss your needs in more detail.