From the 1st January 2023, there will be a new process for applications surrounding the Court of Protection property and affairs deputyship.
According to a letter released by HM Courts and Tribunals Services, benefits of these changes include:
- A provision of a new easy use streamlined system to improve accuracy
- Reduced paperwork
- Quicker processes through online systems decreasing delays
- Removal of forms CoP20a/b
A summary of core information to be aware of includes:
- Three people known to the applicant must be notified of the deputyship application (this can include professionals)
- These individuals must provide a response that is included with the application
- New notification and acknowledgement forms are available: COP14PADep and COP15PADep
- If no objections are raised within 14 days of acknowledgement receipt the courts will assume agreement of the application.
For more information, please contact us.